How to be a GLIN Partner
How to Link to GLIN
GLIN as a Model
Site of the Month
GLIN Wingspread Report
Regional Data Exchange 2004
GLIN Advisory Board:
Roles and Responsibilities|
GLIN Advisory Board members are affiliated with an array of groups throughout the Great Lakes regionBgovernment agencies, foundations, citizen groups, universities and other interested partiesBthat work cooperatively to develop information services that are accessible over the Internet. Established in 1994, the board oversees GLIN content development, assists in recruiting new GLIN partners, promotes the use of GLIN at meetings and conferences, and recommends regional goals for the project.
Each GLIN Advisory Board member is expected to:
Approved on Dec. 9, 1998, GLIN Advisory Board meeting (PDF).
- Be fully versed in the goals and objectives of GLIN.
- Serve as an initial point of contact for GLIN-related inquiries in his/her state or province, agency or institution.
- Actively participate in all GLIN activities and events, including regular attendance at advisory board meetings.
- Serve on one or more advisory board strategic planning groups (when requested or consistent with his/her area of expertise) to promote specific aspects of GLIN marketing or development.
- Adhere to GLIN partner guidelines and educate other state/provincial agencies, as well as public and private Great Lakes organizations, about what it means to be a GLIN partner.
- Be accessible to GLIN staff for periodic inquiries concerning GLIN business.
- Work within his/her state, province or organization to secure in-kind services or related resources that may be required to address GLIN priorities.
- Maintain a proactive role in GLIN operations, including provision of advice, support and feedback on all aspects of GLIN activity, including content development, marketing and the application of new technologies.
- Make suggestions to GLIN staff regarding ideas for grant proposals and/or collaborations; identify potential supporters for GLIN.
GLIN Advisory Board
GLIN Project Team: Responsibilities at the Commission