A thought about Carol

It is sad to hear of Carol's passing, though I know her only from the one
short email note, attached below.  Something in her email note really
touched me. There was something very personal in her brief response at
catching my snafu.

I had intended to forward an announcement I received over the GLIN list
server to a friend after adding a supportive preface to the announcement.
But I inadvertently hit "reply" and then feared I had broadcast my very
personal note to the entire GLIN mailing list!! I did not sleep well that
night, hoping only that the GLIN list was moderated in some way, knowing my
friend would be mortified instead of supported, by my error!  Well the
mailing list was moderated, by Carol, and she caught my error in time. I
sensed that Carol realized how special this person was to me, and she took
the time to return my note, with a personal observation, so that I would
know it had not been delivered as intended. When it was redelivered,
properly this time, I think my note did affect my friend, so I've been
really grateful to Carol for her thoughtfulness ever since.  I'm sorry to
hear the news.

Fritz Funk

Carol

Thanks so much for catching my mistake...I'd realized my error of hitting
"reply"
instead of "forward" just after I sent it off, but by then its too late!
I was hoping this was a moderated list, and see that it is.
So thanks so much for catching it, and I promise to slow down my fingers
next time.

Again, I appreciate your watchful eye.

Fritz Funk

hi,

I think you inadvertantly sent this message to the wrong email address...
nice, note, try again!

Carol Ratza