Remembering a mighty fine woman

What I will always remember about Carol is her "tell it like it is"
attitude and wicked sense of humor.

As a mentor, she taught us to believe in our own abilities and reminded
us daily how much one person can accomplish through hard work and a
creative mind. As a friend, she taught us to care for and respect
ourselves, as well as others.

Carol and I shared many stories, photos and laughs about times we each
spent on Lake Superior. She loved this Great Lake and made annual trips
north to go camping, hiking and canoeing. I think the strength and
beauty of Lake Superior remains with those who experience it. Much like
Carol herself.

I feel privileged to have known and worked with Carol for the last three
years. It's been a wonderful ride.

Christine Manninen
Great Lakes Commission