Carol, many will miss you.

With tears rolling, I recall very fondly our first meeting at the GLC office.
I came to Ann Arbor from Rochester NY and arrived at the GLC without an
appointment and unannounced to get further information about the then proposed
Great Lakes Information Network.  Carol's willingness to immediately find time
for me together with her kindness, warmth and enthusiasm convinced me to
return in the very near future for the GLIN organizational meeting.  Her
spirit and openess to all despite the pressures of her great responsibilies at
that large meeting led me and later many in our upstate NY Maritime Center
into a lasting connection with Carol and with the GLC.  I will always remember
fondly her bright radiance at our meetings, lunches, and the warmth of even
our distatnt phone calls.  Carol, many, many will long miss you and thank you
for your great contributions to the Great Lakes community!