THE CYNIC on Tony Souve vs. Northern Michigan

CYNIC'S GUIDE TO THE 9/30/96 MDEQ CALENDAR, PART 3

TONY SOUVE/CITY MANAGEMENT "DOES" NORTHERN MICHIGAN

>WASTE MANAGEMENT DIVISION
>CRAWFORD COUNTY SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT
>PLAN. Consideration of the Department of Environmental Quality
>approval of the locally approved Crawford County Solid Waste
>Management Plan Amendment. The Amendment authorizes
>primary disposal at the City Environmental Services, Inc. of
>Waters (CESW) landfill of solid waste from Alcona, Alpena,
>Antrim, Arenac, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Chippewa, Emmet, Grand
>Traverse, Iosco, Kalkaska, Luce, Mackinac, Missaukee,
>Montmorency, Ogemaw, Oscoda, Otsego, Presque Isle,
>Roscommon, and Wexford counties, if the exporting county's Plan
>allows disposal of waste in Crawford County; establishes an
>annual import cap of a maximum of 951,008 cubic gate yards per
>year of solid waste from all counties other than Otsego; requires
>annual volume reporting to Crawford County by CESW landfill;
>allows exportation of solid waste generated in Crawford County to
>Charlevoix, Chippewa, Montmorency, Oscoda, or Wexford
>Counties; provides for reciprocal agreements for disposal of Type
>II solid waste on an emergency basis; allows Type B transfer
>stations to be constructed and operated as needed within Crawford
>County and a Waste Processing Facility/Type A transfer station to
>be constructed at the CESW site; and incorporates the Crawford
>County solid waste Ordinance into the Plan. Information Contact:
>Jim Johnson, Solid Waste Management Unit, 517-373-4738.
>Decision-maker: DEQ Director.

[THE CYNIC COMMENTS:  If you like Tony Souve/City
Managment Corporation, you'll want to pay attention to this in the
North Country.  Detroit area residents will recognize City
Management for their smelly transfer station next to the Detroit
Incinerator and ubiquitous campaign contributions in Michigan.
{"Wayne Disposal Democrats" just love that oh-so-good trash
money.  And hey, even the Republicans are getting in on that good
"trashcash."}

Souve/City Management is presently bidding to bring all of
Toronto, Ontario's  trash to Michigan and Ohio...hey, maybe this is
"payback" for all of the acid and toxic pollutants we send to
Canada.  Of course we have to roll out the red carpet for out of
state waste....its important to our economic development to be
dumped upon.]

This is the CYNIC.... OVER AND OUT!!

Alex J. Sagady & Associates    		Email:  asagady@sojourn.com
PO Box 39
East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)