Re: E-M:/ DNR & Canada geese

At 11:18 AM 4/17/97 -0400, you wrote:
>SAY 'NO' TO MICHIGAN DNR:
>
>Today begins a three week protest of the Michigan Department of Natural
>Resources plan to kill three thousand Canada Geese and distribute their
>bodies to local charities.

Just how is this being done???   Is lead shot used??

Is there federal meat inspection of geese distributed in this way?

>2.  The DNR alleges that there are health hazards due to goose feces.  There
>is no known health problem in the scientific literature from goose feces.

My middle age memory....deteriorated by listening to too much Ted Nugent
music in my youth and later  (See the other thread).....  tells me something
about swimmer's itch being spread in part with a life cycle involving geese....
true or not?????

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)

Postings to:  enviro-mich@igc.org      For info, send email to
majordomo@igc.org  with a one-line message body of  "info enviro-mich"