E-M:/ oil drilling in Lake Michigan, HB 4037

Wait a minute -- I thought this was banned in the 1980's -- what is the story
here?  Isn't state law such that it is illegal to drill for oil or gas under
the Great Lakes? This was done with full recognition that slant drilling might
make it possible to access sites from on shore, but nonetheless the law was
pushed to prevent such drilling.  Or did that also get changed in some late
night deal?  Anne Woiwode

1. Does anyone have any info on pending permits for STAR Oil to horizontal
drill for oil in Northern Lake Michigan?  Caught bits  and pieces on the
radio this a.m. My understanding is there have been no public hearings.( like
that's a surprise!) Let me know.

2. Jeff thanks for the update on Canadian waste and HB 4037. I will share
with locals and attempt to generate more calls.

Thanks
michelle