E-M:/ EPA Region V's Val Adamkus retires

I though I'd share with the lists this news release from U.S. EPA
concerning the retirement of Val Adamkus.  I've always been
impressed with him whenever I've met him or seen him in
action in public.  Folks interested in Michigan and Great Lakes
issues know of his past leadership at EPA Region V.

I'll never forget seeing the hearing on TV that Adamkus appeared at in
front of John Dingell where he fearlessly told the truth
about the Dow report/dioxin matter and, for all practical purposes,
canned EPA Deputy Administrator John Hernandez during
the Ronald Reagan/Anne Gorsuch years.

Attorney and Deputy Regional Administrator David A. Ullrich
has been appointed as Acting Regional Administrator.

Alex Sagady