E-M:/ Message from NRDC about Rep. Fred Upton

Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 14:57:21 -0400
From: JMardock@nrdc.org (Jayne Mardock)
Subject: Klink-Upton to introduce bad air bill
To: ebtt@erols.com, joe_minott@cleanair.org, nancy.parks@sierraclub.org,
        gasp@envirolink.org, luneburg@law.pitt.edu, marilyn@concentric.com,
        alison.hroton@sierraclub.org, asagady@sojourn.com,
        mienvcouncil@igc.apc.org

     PA and MI folks:

     We understand that Mr. Klink (D-PA) and Mr. Upton (R-MI) will be
     introducing bad legislation soon on the air standards.  I don't know
     the details, but it seems they want to block the new standards for
     five years to allow more time to study the problem, in favor of
     implementation of the current standards.

     They circulated information to colleagues trying to get sign-ons,
     according to Congress Daily 6/11, but we haven't heard anything more.
     We don't know how successful they have been or when/if the bill will
     be introduced, but calls from the homefront would be helpful.

     We will let you know more details as we know them, but as
     constituents, you often can get better information than we can in DC.
     If you find out any details to share, let us know so we can inform the
     group.  Thanks.

     Jayne Mardock
     Clean Air Network

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)