E-M:/ "DNRWIRE" PROVIDES PRESS RELEASES AND DNR CALENDAR BY E-MAIL

Enviro-Mich message from turneys@dnrserver1.dnr.state.mi.us

This is the complete text of the June 18 Michigan DNR Press Release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
18 JUNE 97
CONTACT:  Bruce Matthews
517-373-1214

"DNRWIRE" PROVIDES PRESS RELEASES AND DNR CALENDAR BY E-MAIL

	LANSING—The Department of Natural Resources has a new e-mail
subscriber list server which provides press releases, the DNR Calendar, and
a monthly media resource sheet in the form of e-mail messages.
	"This is just one more way that we can provide information to our
customers," said Bruce Matthews, Chief of the DNR Office of Information and
Education.  "Sending information by e-mail instead of through the mail
saves time and paper.  Now members of the media – and anyone else who is
interested – can get our press releases, the DNR Calendar and other
information in this additional electronic format."  These publications are
already available on the DNR Internet home page at www.dnr.state.mi.us.
The DNRWire e-mail subscriber list is available to anyone who has an e-mail
address and wishes to subscribe.  This service is restricted, which means
that members can receive messages from the DNR but cannot post messages to
all members or send replies to the DNR via this list.  To subscribe, send
an e-mail message to Majordomo-dnr@dnr.state.mi.us with this text in the
body of the message:  subscribe dnrwire (your e-mail address)
	If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list, send an
e-mail message to Majordomo-dnr@dnr.state.mi.us with this text in the body
of the message:  unsubscribe dnrwire (your e-mail address)
These instructions are also printed on the DNR home page at
www.dnr.state.mi.us.  You will receive a confirmation message each time you
subscribe or un-subscribe to the list.
To remove your name from a "paper" mailing list for DNR publications from
the Office of Information and Education, contact Tina Kellogg at
517-373-2997 or kelloggt@dnr.state.mi.us.
###