Re: E-M:/ Central Wayne Incinerator Hearing

Enviro-Mich message from SCHLEUSP@deq.state.mi.us

On Fri, 20 Jun 1997, asagady@sojourn.com wrote:
>Enviro-Mich message from asagady@sojourn.com

	<snip!>

>Air Division has posted information, including public notices,
>staff reports, etc. on their web page at:
>
>http://www.deq.state.mi.us/aqd/
>
>in the "what's new" section....
>
>However,  the information can only be viewed if you have
>the adobe version 3.0 PDF reader configured as a
>plug-in to your web browser....  (not even Sagady
>is that organized!!!)

Why can't we just have a browser that "does it all" for us?  Plug-ins can,
indeed, be a pain. Unfortunately, from what I hear (and I'm no Web expert, so
feel free to "consider the source"), plug-ins are a fact of life for the Web,
and the Adobe format is becoming more and more widely used all the time.

The AQD home page has a hotlink to Adobe's Web site, so a person can download
the Adobe 3.0 PDF reader. If you do not yet have the Adobe reader, this is one
way to get it.

As for using the reader, some browsers allow one to simply download a .pdf
file from a Web site for later offline viewing - useful if your system (like
mine) "bogs down" with both the browser and the reader running. This way, you
don't *have* to configure your browser to use the reader as a "plug-in."

Paul L. Schleusener         Michigan DEQ, Air Quality Division
schleusp@deq.state.mi.us    P.O. Box 30260
Voice  517-335-6828         Lansing, MI 48909-7760
Fax    517-373-1265         AQD Web page http://www.deq.state.mi.us/aqd