E-M:/ Ozone standards

Retry on transmission as previous version was garbled....

Enviro-Mich folks will be interested in this announcement from
Clean Air Network concerning the proposed EPA standards
and the Clinton/Gore decision....

Yesterday, we probably would have had excursions over the
0.08 ppm, 8 hour average for ozone/smog  at a number of west
Michigan monitoring sites.

>>From bin  Wed Jun 25 15:54:02 1997
>Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 15:42:17 -0400
>From: JMardock@nrdc.org (Jayne Mardock)
>Sender: owner-air-mail@igc.apc.org
>Subject: air-mail: Ozone and PM standards announced TODAY
>To: air-mail@igc.apc.org
>
>     At 2:00 this afternoon, Carol Browner announced that EPA will be
>     officially transmitting their recommendation to the White House for
>     review.  At this point its a rubber stamp approval.  At some point,
>     the
>
>     It is good news.
>

>              Now                   Proposed                  New/Final
Ozone    12/1-hour avg      .08/8-hour avg     .08/8-hour avg
>           1 violation/yr          3rd highest         4th highest conc

PM 2.5     nothing      15 annual average     15 annual average
>                               50 24 hour average     65 24 hour average

PM 10      1 violation/yr           98 percentile        unclear