Re: E-M:/ MICHIGAN DNR CALENDAR, JULY 21, 1997

At 06:38 AM 7/9/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Enviro-Mich message from "R. Jack" <yukon@ismi.net>
>
>>Date: Tue, 08 Jul 97 13:07:20 -0500
>>From: turneys@dnrserver1.dnr.state.mi.us
>>Subject: MICHIGAN DNR CALENDAR, JULY 21, 1997
>>To: DNRWire@dnrserver1.dnr.state.mi.us
>>Sender: owner-dnrwire@dnrserver1.dnr.state.mi.us
>>
>>Michigan Department of  Natural Resources
>>CALENDAR
>>Volume 5, Number 15
>>July 21, 1997

[SNIP]

>>JULY 26-27
>>BUDWEISER JET SPORTS TOUR, Pontiac Lake
>>Recreation Area, Waterford. Race lovers will get a thrill
>>watching these speed boats fly across the water.  Spectators
>>can observe from a one-third-mile beach, the longest inland
>>beach in Michigan.  For more information, call 248-666-
>>1020.

[SNIP]

Would someone please tell me why the Michigan Department of
Natural Resources finds it appropriate to be using its
calendar to promote the "Budweiser Jet Sports Tour?"

And, while were at it....   Did this event require a permit...and
was the proposed permit notice published in the DNR Calendar??

Did the DNR determine the effect of this event of wildlife
and fisheries resources?

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)