E-M:/ Clearing The Air

Enviro-Mich message from Mike Boyce <birder@voyager.net>

Those of us working for cleaner air in Michigan will want to add a new
artilcle to our arsonal of activist resources.

"Clearing The Air" is the title of a powerful "Air Quality - Special
Report" article in the August, 1997 issue (p36-38) of Consumer Reports.

In concice fashion, the article thoroughly examines the topic from
health costs to the public and industry's increased clean-up costs, to
shifting more responsibility to the perpetrator and the truth about
particulates, "shaky science," and cleaner air.

The article concludes:

"We endorse strengthening the nation's air-pollution standards.  The
science suggests that the health benefits would be great, history
suggests that industry's costs will be less than advertised, and the
public has consistently shown that it wants the Government to make sure
the air is cleaner."

So let's keep the letters going out to LaHood, Bonior, Levin, River,
Stabenow, Stupak, Conyers, Kilpatrick and John Dingell.  Insist they
stand up for cleaner air and a healthier environment.

Mike Boyce