E-M:/ MECCE - ecumenical enviro conf

Enviro-Mich message from KWinch5940@aol.com

Hello all -
This is just a short and final reminder about the upcoming Michigan
Ecumenical Consultation on Christianity and Ecology (MECCE) conference Sept.
12-14th at a camp south of Kalamazoo --
                   "Proclaiming Good News to all Creation"
with speakers Fred Krueger of the Green Cross and the Rev. Carla Berkedal,
founder of Earth Ministry of Seatttle.  Fred will speak on the traditional
Christian understanding of our role in creation (something the Church lost
sight of in the past 200 years or so), and Carla will give what should be an
inspiring and hopeful talk on "Proclaiming a Gospel of Hope in an Ecological
Age".  There will also be workshops and possibly even an awesome conference
"bookstore."

This is the third state-wide conference hosted by MECCE, and I would venture
that this is one that could be most helpful to Michigan environmentalists, to
keep their passion and fire alive (i.e., a possible cure to burn-out?) ....
the registration deadline is coming up soon ( the "official" deadline is Aug.
8th ... we are extending it for a *bit* longer) - so if interested, call the
office of the Michigan Ecumenical Forum asap for information and registration
materials, at (517) 485-4395  or by email at :

                                                           Johnsboehm@aol.com

Kim  (p.s. - I can also be reached by email for further information:

                                                           kwinch5940@aol.com
 )