E-M:/ re Arctic Nat'l Wildlife Refuge

Enviro-Mich message from KWinch5940@aol.com

Forwarded Message:
Subj:	The Last Great Wilderness Tour
Date:	97-07-22 15:40:22 EDT
From:	awl@boo.net (Alaska Wilderness League)
To:	johnsboehm@aol.com

Coming Soon ...

Lenny Kohm, acclaimed environmental photographer, will be touring the state
of  Michigan September 14 to 30.  For the past ten years, Lenny has toured
the United States educating people on the threats to Alaska's environment and
the native Gwich'in culture.  Lenny will be traveling with a Gwich'in Native.
 Together they will present a multi-media slide presentation, called the
"Last Great Wilderness Project", which offers a close-up look at the fragile
and beautiful Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska.  During their
presentation they will also feature the controversy over oil development
versus wilderness protection of the Refuge's coastal plain.
We need your help to make this project a success and to protect the Arctic
Refuge from oil drilling.  Your group can help by organizing a show for your
community or congregation.  There is no fee for this program and we have
sample advertising materials already prepared.  Please contact Jennifer Lyons
at the Alaska Wilderness League (202) 544-5205 or (800) 322-5205 for more
information.