E-M:/ DNR TO GIVE AWAY 500 YOUNG ANGLER LICENSES AT MICHIGAN STATE FAIR

Enviro-Mich message from "R. Jack" <yukon@ismi.net>

Ok Folks, I just gotta ask this, even though it may anger a few of you...
Is it also being explained to these young, still developing teens that it's
dangerous to eat the fish they catch from our urban rivers and our Great
Lakes?  Or are they being told to "cut the fat"?  Are they taking the fish
home to their younger siblings, and to their pregnant or nursing mothers, or
perhaps other sensitive people in their household?  Are they being given
handouts that are in English and in other common inner city languages, so
that they can explain to their families why they mustn't eat the fish "as
is"....

Are they being protected in any way?

-Rita Jack, Hartland