E-M:/ Kalamazoo County Ozone Action Meeting

Enviro-Mich message from Birderz@aol.com

The Kalamazoo Environmental Council is sponsoring a meeting about Ozone
Action in Kalamazoo County on Wednesday, August 13, 7pm at the Georgian Room,
Nazareth Complex, 3299 Gull Road.  The main topic for this meeting is the
Southwest Michigan Clean Air Coalition and how we can expand this coalition
into Kalamazoo County.  We are trying to promote voluntary actions that can
be taken by individuals and businesses that will reduce the formation of
ozone on days that are predicted to be high ozone days.  We have sent
invitations to small/medium/large businesses in Kalamazoo County and hope to
see representatives of these companies at the meeting as well as interested
individuals.

Companies who decide to participate will be asked to inform their employees
of Ozone Action Days and to provide information concerning actions that
individuals can take to help prevent the production of ground level ozone.
 Companies will also be asked to evaluate their own processes and determine
if some activities could be postponed - such as mowing the lawns, reducing
the use of solvents, waiting to refuel vehicles until late in the day, etc.

For more information on this meeting please call Jim Draze, Kalamazoo Co
Environmental Health - 616-373-5351  or Judy Mayo at home - 616-342-5085.