Re: E-M:/ Greenpeace

Enviro-Mich message from "Dan L. Alstott" <amacdan@freeway.net>

According to a recent news article, Greenpeace is becoming a shadow of its
former self, with membership at about 20% of its historic high.

I think this is a result of lessening interest in the environment
throughout society as a whole.  This lessening will probably continue until
the environment becomes "sexy" again.  The old sluggers will continue to
slug it out with the bad guys but they need lots of help.

And ... Greenpeace just maybe became a bit radical for the tastes of many.

Dan Alstott

At 10:52 AM 8/12/97 -0400, Nicholas Paul White wrote:
>Enviro-Mich message from "Nicholas Paul White" <whitenic@pilot.msu.edu>
>
>While listening to NPR this morning I heard that Greenpeace will no longer
have
>a great lakes office.  I am curious, do people think that this will
directly or
>indirectly impact Michigan and the great lakes?  To be honest, I am not aware
>of what areas greenpeace focused on.  Will there be a void created?  Will
other
>environmental organizations be impacted by the departure?
>
>Nick White

>and Conservation Issues and Michigan-based Citizen Action.

enviro-mich"

Dan L. Alstott
amacdan@freeway.net