Re: [Fwd: E-M:/ laundry disks]

Enviro-Mich message from Tom Stanton <stanton7@pilot.msu.edu>

Robert: When I weighed in on this discussion the first time, about 2.5
years ago, Real Goods was engaged in testing with a school in Arkansas
or Alabama, or somewhere. What came of that? I suggested at the time
that if the proported changes were ostensibly to water chemistry, there
ought to be a way to measure them, in real time, while working in a
washing machine. It seems to me to be of the utmost importance for Real
Goods long term future that Real Goods carefully test all the products
it recommends, like being a combination of Consumer Reports, the
National Product Safety Commission, and the Sears Catalog all rolled
into one.

That's my two-cents worth.

-- Tom S.

P.S. I have been using the laundry disks (usually with one tablespoon of
liquid detergent and one to two tablespoons of Borax) for about 2.5
years, thru 450 loads. I still like the results.