E-M:/ AAA study

Enviro-Mich message from "Molly Cole" <COLE@maelstrom.cc.wmich.edu>

If it wasn't so pitiful I would have laughed when I heard the news from AAA
on National Public Radio last week. The fact that their press release was
considered news was the first absurdity. But the most absurd part of it was
that they said they shouldn't have to reduce pollution from cars because
they account for less than a third of the problem then listed several other
sources of pollution that made up the other two thirds. It didn't take a
brilliant mind to figure out that any of the polluters could single
themselves out and lump all the others together and come up with a similar
argrument. That argrument shouldn't be excepted from any them.

Molly Cole
Program Coordinator
Environmental Studies
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Phone: (616) 387-2716 Fax: (616) 387-4998
http://www.wmich.edu/science/docs/esp/esp.html
"If you think you're too small to make a difference, you've never been
in bed with a mosquito."