Re: E-M:/ When the cat is away the mice will play....

On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, kris olsson wrote:

> IMHO,
>
> the questions about the laundry disks were very germaine to the
> environment, since they clean to be environmentally friendly products
> that are alternatives to products that could be harmful to the envt.
>
> I liken it to a discussion about electric cars.

I agree, although from a slightly different perspective. Until proven
otherwise (and based on reported tests) I presume that the "laundry disks"
do nothing, except that they induce people to use less detergent. This
results in reducing water pollution as well as saving resources. It is,
however, an interesting question if it would be ethical to induce
environmentall friendly behavior by false promises.

--Rane L. Curl