E-M:/ Alex Sagady's List

Enviro-Mich message from "David Staudacher" <quiet@igc.org>

On Sat, 23 Aug 1997 14:00:08 -0400,
asagady@sojourn.com  <asagady@sojourn.com> wrote:

>I find that I must again explain the purpose of the list, Enviro-Mich,
>because the two posters above (and potentially others) do not yet
>understand it.

<Alex's "statement of purpose" snipped>

   Calling us "mice" and himself a "cat" was insulting enough,
but with this last post, our "Listowner" (with a capital "L" as he
puts it) has really let his power go to his head.  As I read it, this
"statement of purpose" is so subtle and convoluted as to permit a
variety of interpretations, both pro and con, regarding washing disks
and electric cars.  By the strictest interpretation it could even
prohibit *his* recent post about MEC's president getting a Harvard
Fellowship.  What it really seems to come down to is whether or not
*Alex* sees a Michigan connection, and judging from the off-topic
posts he choses to ignore (including his own) I'd say there's more
going on here than the impartial enforcement of the list charter.

   I'd like to hear from someone in authority at the Mackinac Sierra
Club as to why this selective intimidation is being tolerated.  Many
on the list are afraid to post anything any more for fear of getting
slapped.

David Staudacher - quiet@igc.org