E-M:/ Enviro-Mich Goals

Enviro-Mich message from "Alison Horton, Sierra Club-Michigan" <sierrami@sojourn.com>

I see that a commentor continues to raise concerns in internet forums about
list management policy on the Sierra Club Enviro-Mich listserve.  I hope
that it is possible for all of us concerned about environmental issues in
Michigan to agree that there are many different ways to approach discussion
of those issues -- in fact, an overwhelming number of ways to discuss those
issues -- and no single forum can possibly serve every interest and need
when it comes to conversation about the environment in Michigan.  We hope
that Enviro-Mich can provide an opportunity for dialogue on many fronts --
but we know that it is impossible for one list to cover every front.

I want to thank the Enviro-Mich list manager, Alex Sagady, for his
painstaking effort to guide Enviro-Mich along a path which holds to the
Sierra Club's goals in sponsoring the list -- providing a forum for
discussion of Michigan environmental protection and conservation issues,
activism and public policy.  It is terrific to see that Enviro-Mich is
providing a much needed, and much used, opportunity for thoughtful
discussion of and information dissemination about a multitude of important
environmental policy issues in Michigan.  It is also good to see other
internet gathering places being developed for people to share ideas and
information related to the environment.

There is much for all of us to do to work towards protecting Michigan's
environment.  I'm glad that Enviro-Mich is one of the many tools available
to help us work towards that goal.

Alison Horton
Director
Michigan Sierra Club

Alison Horton
Sierra Club Mackinac Chapter
Lansing, Michigan
(517) 484-2372 (voice) * (517) 484-3108 (fax)
sierrami@sojourn.com  *  http://www.sierraclub.org/chapter/mi/