E-M:/ suggested viewing

Enviro-Mich message from "Molly Cole" <COLE@maelstrom.cc.wmich.edu>

 This Monday "PBS will premiere 'Affluenza', the first in-depth TV program
to look critically at thow the modern-day plagues of excessive materialism,
and the advertising that feeds it, are straining our personl lives and
families, eroding our communities and DESTROYING the ENVIRONMENT. The
one-hour special is scheduled to air Monday, September 15 at 9 pm. Check
your local listings for exact times."

Channels 35 and 52 (WGVU/WGVK) will be airing the program at the above time
and again at 5:30 A.M. (as in morning) on Thursday the 18th for those who
missed it and want to tape it. I suggest if you aren't at the Population
Institute talk in Kalamazoo you check out this program. This is an up and
coming area for environmental activism and research that could have a big
impact.

For more information check out the web site www.pbs.org/affluenza
Program Coordinator
Environmental Studies
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Phone: (616) 387-2716 Fax: (616) 387-4998
http://www.wmich.edu/science/docs/esp/esp.html
"If you think you're too small to make a difference, you've never been
in bed with a mosquito."