E-M:/ protest against hazwa injection wells at Det. river

Enviro-Mich message from Brenda LiveOak <BlIVEOAK@worldnet.att.net>

MI and Canadian friends who care about the environment.
As I have tried to make everyone aware. There is a proposal to open old
injection wells at the abandonded Det. Coke Company Property on the
Detroit River, for the purpose of injecting hazardous and toxic
substances in the earth under and near the river.
********Notice********Notice********Notice*********
There's a protest rally against this proposal
     Wednesday, September 17th, 1997
     at the site-off Zug Island Rd.
   at the intersection of W. Jefferson
         in Detroit Michigan
John Nagy who lives in the community nearby is taking the lead and
preparing many posters and banners. Frank Turner of Channel 7 has
promised to cover it! It's set for 3:30. As many people as possible,
from up and down and across the river, need to come out. With the kind
of coverage we have been getting on this and with a good turnout on
Wednesday, we may just get these guys to back off their stupid proposal
that threatens a major water source for our drinking water and the whole
eco-system it supports.
Perhaps you may have been watching the 11:00 pm specials on channel 7
news that have been investigating this action and exposing the terrible
reputations of the individuals involved in this. Keep watching because
there will be more!
Listen friends, Detroit Coke Corp has already had a hand in the past at
destroying the air quality and health of citizens in Detroit and Canada.
It took us 20 years to stop that. We need to head this one off at the
pass or we could end up with them destroying our water supply for at
least another 20..
 Brenda LiveOak