Re: E-M:/ Upjohn, Kalamazoo, Hazwaste and circumventing the "land ban"

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Scott Cabot Heinzman wrote:

> Eau Clare member? Isn't eau French for water? Goi!!
>
> Is this irony or a blatant slight to those concerned about the
> preposterous assertion that injecting, excuse me, DEEP injecting
> hazardous substances into the Earth is a safe disposal option?
>
> (round about way of objecting to this practice)

I'd like to become familiar with the issues of disposal of toxic wastes by
injection into deep wells. I serve on the State Hazardous Waste Site
Review Board as a Chemical Engineer member, and may be called upon in this
subject. I would like to obtain materials from all perspectives -
technological, industrial, regulatory, environmental. Since I am sure
there is an enormous body of information on this, I am inquiring through
this medium in order to obtain also some insight on the issues from those
that have dealt with it.

--Rane L. Curl
  Prof. Ch. E., UofM