E-M:/ Great Lakes Women's Leadership Network update 9/10/97 New Schedule of Trainings and our new web site!

Enviro-Mich message from Debby  Ortman <lakes@cp.duluth.mn.us>

Press Release:

Check out our new Web site as of 9/1/97:

http://www.cp.duluth.mn.us/~lakes

Below is a schedule of upcoming trainings for the Great Lakes Women's
Leadership Network - please post.

Subject: Great Lakes Women's Leadership Network-Trainings

See schedule of trainings listed below:

Regional Training - Lake Michigan
Saturday, Sept. 13
9:00 - 4:30 pm
Firefly Room, Wauwatosa Public Library(76th and North Ave.)
Milwaukee, WI
Contact: Kira  Henschel at Goblinfern@aol.com
Space is limited - please call  me at 1-888-211-7271,  or send an email
RSVP to goblinfern@aol.com as soon as you can - at the latest by Sept. 6, 1997

Regional Training - Lake Michigan
Thursday, September 18
Grand Rapids, MI
Contact: Monica Rogers at mrogers@iserv.net
(616) 771-3968 Work

Regional Training - Lake Superior
Saturday, October 11
9-4:00 (tentative)
Northland College
Ashland, WI
Contact: Jan Conley at jconley@cp.duluth.mn.us
or Rob Cornnett at  Northland College

Regional Training - Lake Ontario
October (date not scheduled)
Cornwall, Ontario
Contact:
Sandra Crockard
Toronto, Ontario
416-691-9370 Work
416-691-9582 Fax

Regional Training - Lake Erie
October 25, 1997
University of Toledo
Toledo, OH
Contact: Leslie or Annette
Ohio Regional Environmental Network
(419) 886-9093 or 866-9093

Regional Training - Lake Ontario
October 25, 1997
Town Park Lodge
Brighton, NY (near Raochester, NY)
Contact: Diane Heminway
email: dianecec@aol.com
(716) 798-0111 Work

Regional Training - Lake Erie
October 25 or 26, 1997 (date to be confirmed)
Regional Niagara Municipal Hdq.
Thorold, Ontario
Contact: Janine Ralph
905-685-1571 Work
905-685-5205 Fax

IJC Women's Caucus Gathering
Nov. 1,  Saturday, 3-5:00pm
Nov. 2,  Sunday,  7:30-9:30 Breakfast Gathering
Nov. 2,  Sunday,  12:30-2:30pm
Americana Resort and Conference Centre
8444 Lundy's Lane
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Contact:  Sandra Crockard (see below)
          Jan Conley (see below)

Note: All trainings are free. Mileage and childcare reimbursement available
for Lakewide trainings only.

Listing of future workshops will be sent out as they are scheduled.

Mission Statement:
The Great Lakes Women's Leadership Network is a broadbased, multicultural,
intergenerational organization formed to mentor and support Great Lake's
Women. Through leadership skills training, education and networking we seek
to foster personal empowerment and social change.

The Great Lakes Women's Leadership Network project is sponsored by the
Environmental Association for Great Lakes Education and funded by the
Kellogg Foundation and the Minnesota Women's Fund.

This ongoing project was originally started at a meeting of Great Lakes
Women in Lake Geneva in 1994. This meeting was followed by a women's
gathering at the 1995 International Joint Commission meeting in Duluth.

As part of this project a Women's Caucus is scheduled for the 1997 IJC
meeting, scheduled to be held in Niagara Falls, Ontario between October
31-November 2nd.

The GLWLN project seeks to provide skills training as well as support for
women leaders and potential leaders around the Great Lakes basin.

GLWLN has three components: a fifteen member women advisory board made up
of women from the United States and Canada chosen from around the Great
Lakes Basin who attended a training in Chicago, Il, in March, 1997 to
formulated a leadership network structure; these women will hold trainings
on their own lakes between May - October (contact us at
lakes@cp.duluth.mn.us for the schedule of trainings); we will also compile
a directory of women with skills and issues expertise from around the Great
Lakes which will be available for free by December, 1997.

The first training was held in Duluth, MN on May 3rd with over 60 women
attending.  Below is a schedule of additional trainings as there will be a
total of 15 trainings, in both Canada and the United States over the next
several months. Trainings include: public speaking, working with media,
networking, yoga/self massage, leadership skills, and more.

We are also looking for volunteers to help organize regional trainings
if you are interested in helping please contact us at EAGLE.

For more information, contact us at above email address or

write:
GLWLN
c/o EAGLE
394 Lake Ave. South, #308
Duluth, MN 55802
218-726-1828(work and fax-call first)
Jan Conley and Debbie Ortman, Co-Directors
email: lakes@cp.duluth.mn.us

GLWLN Advisory Board Members (partial list):

Lake Superior:

Rosie Loeffler-Kemp
4401 McCulloch St.
Duluth, MN  55804
218-722-8557 Work
218-722-1754 Fax

Lake Michigan:

Liane Clorfene Casten
1030 Asbury Ave.
Evanston, IL 60202
847-869-9145 Fax
Lcasten@interaccess.com

Nancy Kelly
737 Tyler St.
Gary, IN 46402

Lake Erie:

Monica Wroblewski
8414 Forrest Dr.
Canton, MI 48187
313-487-0243 Work
email:    Monica_Wroblewski@yr.com (through August 15)
          Monica.Wroblewski@emich.edu (after 8/15)

Janine Ralph
158 Davis
Port Colborne, Ontario L3K 1Z1
905-685-1571 Work
905-685-5205 Fax

Lake Huron:

Joan D'Argo
860 Pine Grove Ave.
Traverse City, MI  49686
616-933-0121 Work/Fax (call)
jdargo@traverse.com

Kathy Brosemer
16 Manor Rd.
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario P6A 3J9
705-945-1573 Work
705-945-0595 Fax
cleannor@web.net

Lake Ontario:

Sandra Crockard
c/o Trinity Theatre
1916 Gerrard St. E.
Toronto, Ontario M4L 2C1
416-691-9370 Work
416-691-9582 Fax

Diane Heminway
339 N. Main St. #A
Medina, NY 14103
716-798-0111 Work
716-798-0146 Fax
dianecec@aol.com

At Large:

Kira Henschel
1001 E. Keefe
Milwaukee, WI 53212
414-964-5758 Work
608-236-9111 Fax
goblinfern@aol.com

Valerie Cromie
7264 Casey St.
Niagara Falls, Ontario L2J 3R3
905-374-8113 Work
905-374-5064 Fax
dcromie@vaxxine.com

Monica Rogers
143 Casey St.
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
616-771-3968 Work
616-771-4005 Fax
mrogers@iserv.net

Jane Wilkins
699 Bush St.
Belfountain, Ontario L0N 1B0
519-927-9828 Fax

Laura Rose Day
National Wildlife Federation
506 E. Liberty
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
313-769-3351 Work
313-769-1449 Fax
dayl@nwf.org

Mary Mulligan
504 Broadway, #625
Gary, IN 46402
219-881-5235 Work
219-881-1092 Fax

EAGLE
Environmental Assoc. for Great Lakes Education
394 Lake Ave. South, #308
Duluth, MN 55802
(218) 726-1828
email: lakes@cp.duluth.mn.us
Debbie Ortman and Jan Conley
Check out our new web sites:
EAGLE: http://www.cp.duluth.mn.us/~lakes/eagle.html
Great Lakes Women's Leadership Network Project:
http://www.cp.duluth.mn.us/~lakes
Green Thumb Project (pesticide-free lawns:
http://www.cp.duluth.mn.us/~lakes/grthumb.html