E-M:/ EM: Cassini Launch Protest Letter -Reply

Enviro-Mich message from Mike Sklar <SKLAR.MICHAEL@EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV>

Here's an alternate view of the Cassini Launch issue:  Maybe, just
maybe, all of the technical analyses of the degree of risk posed by the
launch are wrong.  If someone has solid evidence, science, or reasoning
to support such a view, then let's hear it.  Vague allegations and
fear-mongering is a tactic we deplore in anti-environment politicians or
business interests; let's not stoop to their level.

Besides, we hurt our credibility and that of the broader environmental
cause when the only time we rely on facts or technical data is when
they support our preconceived notions.