No Subject

Enviro-Mich message from "Tom Cary" <wmeac@iserv.net>

Attend our Conference ...
But park in your garage!!!

At the Virtual Grand communities Conference, there are no worries about your wardrobe, or where to park. You attend from the comfort of your own home (or office)!!

This conference takes place ON LINE between October 15 and NOvember 25. From the confeence website, you simply enter your ID and password, join a conference strand, read the discussion, and enter your response.

Citizens and businesspeople and other professionals will moderate discussions on issues that effect everyone in the Grand Community (Grand Rapids MSA/"West Michigan Region"):

The conference strands are:  Healthcare, Education, Small Business Issues, Faith, ENVIRONMENT!!, and Community Learning.

Because it is virtual, you registerr and attend on-line and with no formal hours.  Join in to contribute your thoughts and ideas. ANd IT IS FREE.

Here is a breakdown of each strand

ENVIRONMENT - Our Environmental Journey - What is our Preferred Future?

From Urban Sprawl to Land Stewardship     	 (Oct. 15 - Oct. 21)

Sustainable Transportation: Getting there Well  	 (Oct. 22 - Oct 28)

Economy vs. Ecology: Strategies for a Win-Win Future	 (Oct. 29 - Nov. 4)

Our Health: A Reflection of Our Environment 	(Nov. 5 - Nov. 11)

The Great Lakes: Preserving the International Treasure	 (Nov. 12 - Nov. 18)

Wrap - up discussion   	(Nov. 19 - Nov. 25)

COMMUNITY LEARNING

Community Learning: Planning Our Journey	 (Oct. 15 - Oct. 21)

Data & Information: FInding the Maps We Will Need	 (Oct. 22 - Oct 28)

Shared Vision: Deciding Where We Want to GO	 (Oct. 29 - Nov. 4)

Building Networks & Communication Linkages: Inviting Others on the Trip	(Nov. 5 - Nov. 11)

Competencies & Tools: Preparing Ourselves for the Journey Ahead	(Nov. 12 - Nov. 18)

Bon Voyage! The Journey Begins	(Nov. 19 - Nov. 25)

For the rest of the strands in detail, please consult the Grandnet Web page at      http://www.grandnet.org

At the web page you ill find all the necessary information to register and get involved!!

This is an opportunity for you all to share and learn from thsi exciting forum.  The focus may be on west Michigan, but the problems, and the solutions apply everywhere!!

İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ=