E-M:/ Re: Studies that study nothing, reports that report nothing

Enviro-Mich message from JerrodM@aol.com

A recent post proclaims:
<< FUEL EFFICIENT CARS COULD SAVE MICHIGAN HOUSEHOLDS $564 A YEAR AT THE
 PUMP AND SLASH GLOBAL WARMING POLLUTION   >>

I am amazed that people still believe this sort of drivel. If people really
wanted 45 mpg cars, they would buy them! They are available, you know. Why
don't people buy them? Because people value other things besides mpg, and
dollars saved at the pump don't come close to matching the value of features
thereby lost.

These pseudo-studies aren't worth the paper they're printed on, but the
doomsday establishment keeps churning them out. Oh well, it saves me from
having to subscribe to jokeoftheday.com.