E-M:/ Pine river pollution

Enviro-Mich message from anderlik@traverse.com (Chris Anderlik)

The following message,  which came to me personally, sounds like a couple
of young people want to get involved in a very worthy project .  I don't
feel capable of advising them but there must be someone out there, located
closer to them than I am and/or can give them guidance to sources for help.
I suggest you contact them directly.

hi. we're from st. louis mich. and would like some guidance to helpful
information pertaining to river clean up.  the pine river winds through
our town but is so polluted the fish can not be eaten. in fact rarely is
there ever a boat on it.  tragically its beauty cannot be enjoyed.  the
chemical company Velsicol dumped ddt in it during the 70s then closed
the plant because of the now famous pbb contaminated cattle feed.  20
years later the epa is interested in our community and we are being
considered as a super fund site.hopefully when we meet with the epa
later in the month we can do so somewhat informed.  anything you could
steer us towards that may help us strengthen our case to the epa would
be so appreciated.  thanks and wish us all good luck!
concerned, denny and barbshrum
THANKS,  CHRIS