E-M:/ NAFTA SUPERHIGHWAYS

Enviro-Mich message from ecaa@igc.org (ecology center)

NAFTA Superhighway Awareness Show To Visit Ann Arbor

Mark Peterson, with the Coalition Against NAFTA Superhighways, will appear
in Ann Arbor on Monday December 15, 1997 at 7 PM to present a slideshow and
speak about the proposed I-69 NAFTA Superhighway, addressing the likely
impacts of the highway on Michigan and the nation.  The presentation will
be held at the Wesley Lounge of the First United Methodist Church, located
at 120 S. State St. (corner of E. Washington & S. State).

The slideshow also offers solution the Coalition thinks Michigan can
implement to safeguard and increase our quality of life, protect farmland
and rejuvenate our local economy.  We can no longer attempt in vain to
"build our way out" of traffic congestion and other growth related
problems.

Peterson, an activist from Southern California will provide a 30 minute
slideshow highlighting the affects of roadbuilding by drawing on his oil
industry experience.  He is traveling along the northern section of
proposed I-69 NAFTA Superhighway during the Month of December.

For More Info Contact:
Jeff Gearhart, Ecology Center 663-2400/ecaa@igc.org
Mark Peterson, Alliance for a Paving Moratorium (CA) (707) 826-7775

Ecology Center of Ann Arbor
117 N. Division
Ann Arbor, MI  48104
(313)663-2400 or (313)761-3186(ph)