E-M:/ CORRECTION ON Pine RIver pollution

Enviro-Mich message from anderlik@traverse.com (Chris Anderlik)

The following message,  which came to me personally, sounds like a couple
of young people want to get involved in a very worthy project .  I don't
feel capable of advising them but there must be someone out there, located
closer to them than I am and/or can give them guidance to sources for help.
I suggest you contact them directly.

 LOOKS LIKE I MESSED THIS ONE UP.  THE EMAIL ADDRESS OF THE 2 PERSONS WHO
WROTE THE MESSAGE BELOW IS   dshrum@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu

>hi. we're from st. louis mich. and would like some guidance to helpful
>information pertaining to river clean up.  the pine river winds through
>our town but is so polluted the fish can not be eaten. in fact rarely is
>there ever a boat on it.  tragically its beauty cannot be enjoyed.  the
>chemical company Velsicol dumped ddt in it during the 70s then closed
>the plant because of the now famous pbb contaminated cattle feed.  20
>years later the epa is interested in our community and we are being
>considered as a super fund site.hopefully when we meet with the epa
>later in the month we can do so somewhat informed.  anything you could
>steer us towards that may help us strengthen our case to the epa would
>be so appreciated.  thanks and wish us all good luck!
>concerned, denny and barbshrum
  SORRY ABOUT THE CONFUSION, I'M NEW AT FORWARDING---CHRIS