E-M:/ Taking Enviro-Mich to the Next Step

Now that Enviro-Mich is up and running as the
"community electronic commons" on Michigan environment
and conservation perhaps it is time to take this to the
next step.....

Here is a draft/rough proposal for establishing
Michigan environmental chat forums......

We would set up a weekly time for each chat.... Enviro-Mich
would be used to announce introductory agendas for
chat meetings.

I need to know whether weeknights or weekends would
be better.

We would do this with ICQ software which is widely available
(more on this later)....

I propose 4 chat groups to start.   Each chat group would
have a volunteer chairperson (who is not me)
and a set one hour time each week to
function.

=====

EM:/ Land/water/forests/recreation chat  --   open to anyone

For general Michigan discussion of landuse, wetlands, forests,
land/water based recreation and its impacts

=====

EM:/ Pollution/toxics/pesticides chat  -- open to anyone

For air and water pollution, toxics, health impacts and
regulation, hazardous/solid/liquid waste management, pesticides

=====

EM:/ Michigan Environmental Council Strategic Chat   -- open to a
select list of key enviro insiders, organizational board members,
key volunteers

This would be a chat to focus on key Michigan legislative and
administrative agency campaign focused discussion on hot,
current issues

=====

EM:/ Sierra Club Mackinac Chapter Caucus   -- open to members
of the Sierra Club Mackinac Chapter

This chat would be  to discuss organizational
strategies, program planning, key emphasis activities of the
Sierra Club Mackinac Chapter

Would folks be interested in Regional Chats??  (i.e. UP, Southeast
Michigan, Western Michigan,  Northern Lower Peninsula???))

Please give me feedback on whether people on the list would
be interested in this, how it should be structured if we do
this and whether it is worth the effort to pursue.

Regards,

Alex Sagady
asagady@sojourn.com

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)