E-M:/ post Thatching Workshop

Enviro-Mich message from ECO ART DB <ECOARTDB@aol.com>

Dear Environmental Friends,

Because of your commitment to sustainable living, I thought you might be
interested in our natural building project in n. Oakland Co.
We are creating a studio of local fieldstone, spruce logs, strawbale walls,
cob interior and a thatched roof.  Our goal is to "make real" our ecological
values, bypass the manufacturing process, build community and empower folks.
We are having an amazing Master Thatcher come to teach a 12-day hands-on
Thatching Workshop April 17-28.  It will be a small group of 10 participants,
learning the basics of collecting and applying reed, designing and history, as
well as enriching videos and discussions regarding sustainable living.
Thatched roofs are natural, beautiful and expected to last 20-75 years
depending on materials used
 Contact Deanne Bednar 363-1756 < ecoartdb@aol.com> for more information.