E-M:/ Sierra Club SEMG New Source Litigation

Enviro-Mich message from Lydia H Fischer <lydfisch@mindspring.com>

This is an appeal to all Michigan environmental organizations. Sierra Club
will be filing a friend-of-the-court brief January 26 in the Sixth Circuit
Court of Appeals.  Our attorney Mark Richardson has prepared a draft in
support of EPA's "new source" ruling on pollution standards for the
expansion of the Central Wayne County incinerator, situated in Dearborn
Heights MI.  This case is critical. If the "new source" standards are
thrown out, the permit issued by DEQ this past December will be
renegotiated, eliminating requirements applicable to new incinerators,
which are more stringent than those for existing facilities.  We urge your
organization to sign on to the brief.  To contact Mark, phone 248.545.2258.
 Or you can get further info by e-mailing Lydia Fischer. Thanks for your
support.  Lydia