Re: E-M:/ alley named to head american legislative exchange council subcommittee on environment

Enviro-Mich message from Scott Heinzman <sheinzman@prodigy.net>

Hello everyone;

Gotta say, as far as I can tell, there is no substative difference
between the Republicans and Democrates. Our 2 party system has been
effectively bought out by the mega-corps. There are exceptions, of
course, but by and large American elections have been purchased at the
national and state levels.

We have the choice to vote for one corporate whore or the other, one of
whom might be marginally better than the other.

Clean energy, living wages, organic foods, basic health care coverage,
reduced crime, quality education and a host of other people issues could
easily be addressed (ok, not necessarily easily), but the interests of
ordinary people take a back seat to the interests of big business.

Corporations exist to serve people, not the other way around. Public
servants are supposed to serve the public.

With NAFTA and the grotesque appearance of the multilateral investment
agreement (MAI) looming on the horizon, people need to step forward and
reclaim our government.

In Michigan, we can start by unelecting John Engler and unravelling his
"business-at-any-cost" political machine.

Sorry about the preaching.