E-M:/ Steel Recycling?

Enviro-Mich message from anne l-g <aleavitt@umich.edu>

I am student at the University of Michigan and am researching the
environmental downside to the steel recycling plant that is thinking of
locating in Flint.  I am wondering if anyone knows more about the steel
recycling process and what kinds of things these plants typically
(rather than claim to) emit, as well as where I might be able to learn
more about the harm that they cause.  Any further information on this
would be greatly appreciated.

Anne Leavitt-Gruberger