Re: E-M:/ Trash Test!

Enviro-Mich message from David Allen <dallen@nmu.edu>

Folks:  The 45% figure may be a tad misleading.  We are not talking
birdseye maple or oak flooring being diverted.  For example, a friend of
mine has a sawmill / pallet factory - they use really skuzzy 5-11" dbh
trees - mostly aspen and pin oak (Menominee Cty), but some swamp conifer as
well.  Other than this nota bene, I agree with what Sherry is pointing out.
 After all, if we were not cutting for this purpose, the trees could grow,
the stands could convert, etc., to something that was more in tune with
"natural" conditions.  And less land could be used for landfills.

Dave A.