Re: E-M:/ Trash Test!

Enviro-Mich message from Andrea Kinnie <andrea@eelink.umich.edu>

Sherry - FYI back in the summer of 1990, a Michigan company that I worked
for named Cadillac Products submitted a proposal to the USPS to replace
hardwood pallets with pallets made from recycled detergent bottles.
Obviously the proposal was turned down, but what a shame.  I was young at
the time and didn't have much knowledge of the proposal details so I am
not sure the reasoning they gave for turning it down.  If you are
interested in finding out more, the company still exists and is located
in Troy, MI.  It might be worth reworking and resubmitting the proposal -
just a thought.

				 Andie Kinnie
	  National Consortium for Environmental Education & Training
		        email ~ andrea@eelink.umich.edu
      		        phone ~     (313) 763-1312
			web   ~ http://eelink.umich.edu