E-M:/ DEQ Public Hearing

Enviro-Mich message from "Delavan Sipes" <delavan@cybersol.com>

For those who live in southwestern Michigan and have an interest in issues
involving overdevelopment of lake front and back lot properties, please
take note of the following.  If you have an interest in Paw Paw Lake,
Berrien County please respond.

The DEQ has received applications for permits to build marinas for 90 boat
slips & dredge Paw Paw Lake wetlands.  The developers own approximately 1/2
mile of and 11.2 mile shoreline.  Approximately 1600 feet is wetland.  It
is their intent to develop some 20+ lots on the waterfront and "deed" peir
and docking space to backlot property owners.

They also want to fill part of a wetland (in order to build a road) which
functions as a filter for some of the pesticide/herbicide/fertilizer runoff
from the golf course which they, the developers, now operate.

All experience related to similar issues would be appreciated.  Come and
state your views.  The scheduled public hearing will be on Thursday, 29
January 1998 at 7:00 P.M. in the Watervliet High School located at 450 East
St. Joseph
(Red Arrow Highway), Watervliet.

If you wish to comment in writing contact:
Carrie Hardigan
Land and Water Management
Dept. of Environmental Quality
P.O. Box 30458
Lansing, MI 48909
FAX: 517-335-3451

And also contact:
Kim Rice
Land and Water Management
Dept. of Environmental Quality
P.O. Box 355
Plainwell, MI 49080
FAX: 616-685-1362

If you would like to comment to me via e-mail, I will see that the DEQ
receives hard copy of your comments.

Thank you, to any and all of you who respond.
Del

delavan@cybersol.com