Re: E-M:/ Clean Michigan Initiative

Enviro-Mich message from Tim Flynn <tflynn@freeway.net>

On 2/3/98 8:39 AM Martha Waszak wrote:

>Enviro-Mich message from Martha Waszak <WASZAKM@state.mi.us>
>
>What is this $500 million bond Governor John Engler has
>proposed?  What will it do?  Who will benefit?  A publication
>entitled "Clean Michigan Initiative - Clean Water, Clean Parks,
>Clean Communities" details the aspects of this bond initiative and
>provides a complete breakdown on where the money will be used.

Is this use of the fund to be written into the law, or is it just the
spin Mr. Engler wants to up on the plan?   i.e. how can we be sure this
is where the money will be spent?

Also given that money is fungible, how can we know if this is truly going
to be and "increase" in funding for environmental programs and not lead
to lose of money in other programs?  Must we rely on Engler "commitment"
to the environment?  The phrase "pig in  a poke" comes to mind.

Martha I'm not questioning your commitment, just Big John's.

Tim Flynn     tflynn@freeway.net       Harbor Springs, MI 49740