E-M:/ Rep. Howard Wetters...

Unless I misunderstood last night's Off the Record program,
Rep. Howard Wetters seemed to be saying that he was not going
to run for the Senate seat up in Bay City currently occupied by
Sen. Joel Gougeon (I don't recall offhand whether Gougeon is
running for re-election or not)....

....but in general, this means that Tom Alley, heir apparent to
the Senator Joseph Mack tradition of environment bashing,  probably has a
wide open window to run in the Democratic primary for the
Senate seat if he wants it...

Hey, maybe its time to turn into a Republican......and get back
to those Teddy Roosevelt roots.....

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)