Re: E-M:/ Pandering for the Environment

Enviro-Mich message from KWinch5940@aol.com

Anne writes :

>>A February 9 letter extolls the virtues of the proposed bond
issue.  The letter goes beyond what the bond issue would do and moves into
the standard spiel about how downright wonderful this Gov. has been for
Michigan's environment.  <<

 ...I got one of the aforementioned letters;  what I do with ' em, (and I
suggest others do, too) is to write my opinion of what the gov. has done to,
and has not done for, the environment ... I typically write it in red ink, on
the very letter sent to me, and then I return it back to the gov.  On this
most recent letter, I noted the reasons *why* I think the gov. is pushing this
bond issue [election year ploy; making up for gutting the Polluter Pay law],
*and* I let him know that neither my husband nor I have ever voted for him,
nor will we this time around, *chiefly* because of his dismal environmental
record, which I described as an affront to this Great Lake state.

So, my friends, you see, you *can* get some good use out of these sorts of
letters.

Kim W.  :->