Re: E-M:/ SIGN ON LETTER

Enviro-Mich message from sherry.hayden@sfsierra.sierraclub.org

Greetings,

I passed info about the MUCC billboard stuff on to my best friend who is bigger
of brain than I am. To my surprise, she asked the same questions I rather
foggily raised to myself.  Here's her email to me:

"This puzzles me because I don't know the current standards for billboards.  Why
is local control better?  Wouldn't that create a lot of areas that tolerate or
even encourage billboards?  Will it be like going from Ann Arbor to Ypsilanti
on Washtenaw Avenue, where you can mark the border by the sudden appearance of
many tall, garish flashing signs? Maybe i'm just too tired, but I'm not getting
something important here."

Maybe something important is missing. Anyone care to comment?

Sherry Hayden