E-M:/ Vegie libel!!!

Wouldn't you know that our state legislators would pick the moment in the
middle of the Oprah Winfrey trial in Texas, where the absolute absurdity of
"vegetable disparagement laws" is being played out daily in the papers, as
well as the astounding violation of freedom of speech this law constitututes,
to move this turkey (disparagement of a perishable food substance) forward?

If I compare the legislators who have sponsored this legislation to, for
instance, Michigan's fine bean products, for example claiming that these
legislators have brains comparable to Michigan beans, this laws seems to mean
that I can be sued for disparaging the beans.  As a result, I will apologize
now to the beans.

Anne Woiwode