E-M:/ Earth Day

Enviro-Mich message from Korie Bachleda <bachledk@msue.msu.edu>

I'm sure (or at least hope), there will be many Earth Day activities
this spring throughout Michigan.  If you live in the Southwest come
visit Centreville.

On Saturday April 25th from 9am-noon we will be holding an Earth Day
Celebration at the St. Joseph County Fairgrounds.  Highlights include
presentations in recognition of Arbor Day, WMU's Solar Car, Conservation
Exhibits, Local Business Displays and a Kid's area including a magician,
storyteller and hands on activities.  The Arbor presentations are as
follows:
Controlling pests in home orchards with Mark Longstroth, District MSUE
Horticulture Agent; Basic pruning & planting bare root trees with Ramsey
Idriss, owner of Idriss Landscape and Nursery; and Organic Tree Care
with Ben Carlson, Inventor of the Sonic Bloom.

If you need more information or represent an organization which would
like to display at the event please call Korie at the St. Joseph County
MSU Extension (616) 467-5540.

I'll send a another notice later, as more specifics are hammered out.