E-M:/ Information available form Geological Survey Division - MichDEQ

Enviro-Mich message from "Elmore Eltzroth" <ELTZROTE@state.mi.us>

The Geological Survey Division, Michigan Department of Environmental Quality has made the following information available to you on its WEB site at http://www.deq.state.mi.us/gsd
==========================
Geologic Maps * Listing of maps depicting the geology of Michigan and how to obtain them

Making Contact * Names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of division staff

Publications * publications about the geology of Michigan

Topographic Maps * USGS topographic maps we can provide and how to obtain them

Oil & Gas Rules * a downloadable copy of some of the regulations pertaining to oil and gas exploration
and development in Michigan

Permit List  - a weekly listing of applications received and permits issued for oil and gas development.

Questions * a set of frequently asked question about oil and gas regulations in Michigan

Geology Symposium * information on the next Biennial Symposium on Michigan Geology, April 9-10, 1998
Any questions, comments or concerns relating to proposed or existing oil and gas activity in Michigan can be directed to me at Eltzrote@state.mi.us and I will forward to the appropriate staff for response.

Thanks *
Elmore Eltzroth, Supervisor, Field Operations
Geological Survey Division

Eltzrote@state.mi.us
TX 517-334-6960