Re: E-M:/ EPA to regulate factory farms, hog hotels

Enviro-Mich message from "Eric K. Lawson" <lawson@publicpolicy.com>

I would be interested to hear about this technology you suggest.  I am
considerably skeptical since working on hog waste issues in North Carolina.
 I heard/read about many pie-in-the-sky solutions that looked very good on
the surface, but were inherently flawed by either operational
impracticality or economic misunderstanding.  However, I still hold out
hope that there is a way to bring the economics and environmental concerns
closer together.

Ric Lawson

At 07:17 AM 3/6/1998 -0800, Tom Stanton wrote:
>Enviro-Mich message from Tom Stanton <stanton7@pilot.msu.edu>
>
>Are there any E-M readers/lurkers who would be interested in proven
technology
>that can abate factory farm/hog hotel environmental problems at a profit?
I'm
>aware of some technologies that can convert the animal waste into several
>different beneficial products.  These are not just environmental clean-up
>technologies, they're investments with 25% or more ROI.
>
>-- Tom Stanton, Lansing
>
>asagady@sojourn.com wrote:

>> Enviro-Mich message from asagady@sojourn.com
>>
>> Because of the number of large confined animal operations
>> in Michigan and the Great Lakes region, list readers will
>> be interested in an article in the Washington Post on
>> an EPA announcement of intent to require permits and
>> inspections for water pollution at these sites.  See:
>>
>> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WPlate/1998-03/05/149l-030598-idx.html

>> Alex J. Sagady & Associates        Email:  asagady@sojourn.com
>> Environmental Consulting and Database Systems
>> PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
>> (517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)

>> ENVIRO-MICH:  Internet List and Forum for Michigan Environmental
>> and Conservation Issues and Michigan-based Citizen Action.   Archives at
>> http://www.great-lakes.net/lists/enviro-mich/
>>
>> Postings to:  enviro-mich@great-lakes.net      For info, send email to
>> majordomo@great-lakes.net  with a one-line message body of  "info
enviro-mich"